Friday, March 30, 2012

Update: DHR has been notified and Newton Police are being notified. Possible Child Abuse at Momma Nells Daycare in Newton, Al


 By Cassi Parker (mother of the child)

This is for all the mothers and fathers out there with children in daycare. My little girl maddison has never stayed with anybody but her parents or grandparents. She started daycare at mama nells in newton monday march 26 th. She seemed to do ok on the first day.
She was picked up by my mother in law on tuesday march 27 th, the second day she had ever been there and these purple bruise and welp marks were NEVER mentioned.
As she took her to eat with my husband and father she went to change her diaper and was shocked at what she saw!!!! My husband rushed up there to talk to mama nell and to his surprise she said she "fell" out of a small toddler chair. Now granted my child is only 2 and cant exactly tell me what happened but she said she was spanked. She said mom pank pank butt hurt!!!!
Now my heart, gut, and my lil babys bottom shows me otherwise!!!!! I believe my child was spanked by a worker there. These were no marks of a child falling out of small chair. She wont even let us ride by there without saying no mom no!!!!! I hope to get this out there so this will not happen to your child like it did my sweet little maddison!!!!!

UPDATE:

The family stated.....We have been notified that DHR is now investigating this case and the local police is being notified for an investigation.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! See that is Why I dont trust people with my children and mine have never went to a daycare or even headstart. I know some people have no choice. I am so sorry about this. That poor baby! We just moved from Newton, is that the daycare across the street from the elementary school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used that daycare for years and my children LOVED it there!!!

    ReplyDelete